Saturday, September 18, 2010

Check Availability Of Ontario Plates

kiwi tart with chocolate crust

I had to leave by train to Beijing Tuesday, before boarding the plane the next morning, but I was sent to 'special mission' by the company I work for make an important delivery within Friday morning. So, after all decided Thursday night, 24 hours later, after having left my plants and have almost lost the plane after having accompanied my Prof. Bear to return the rented car, I left. Well, I am in Italy for almost three weeks!

P1040015

Ingredients:

For the chocolate shortbread:

180 g butter

130 g sugar / powdered sugar

1 egg and 1 egg yolk

290 g flour

40 g cocoa

pinch of salt 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

a bit 'yeast

For the cream:

1 egg yolk

4 tablespoons sugar 70 g flour

1 / 2 cups milk

1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

the juice of 1 orange

4 children gelatin

200 g of white chocolate

lemon juice 1

1 / 2 sachet of powdered gelatine

2 kiwi

Make the pastry working the butter with the sugar, then add the eggs. Stir, add salt and slowly the flour mixed with cocoa, baking powder and vanilla.

soon as possible by hand, make a ball of dough, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate half an hour.

Line a mold of 28 cm, prick the bottom, cover with greaseproof paper, fill with rice or beans, and bake at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

Meanwhile prepare the filling: Beat the egg yolks with sugar, add flour and then the cold milk with vanilla. Put on the heat and stir until thicken. Add the melted white chocolate you have in the meantime.

Melt 2 sheets of gelatine in orange juice heated, add to the cream. United 2 more sheets of gelatin in the cream and let them dissolve.

Pour into pastry shell, level. Cut the kiwi into thin slices and arrange over the cream.

Prepare the gelatine by dissolving half a bag of lemon juice and water, which have slightly sweetened.

Once ready pour over the cake. Refrigerate.

P1040064

My friend Mary had made this cake a couple of years ago, and I liked it so much, although I am not a fanatic the crust. Still, the orange juice and cream wrap because of white chocolate, which contrasts with the dark crust. A feast for the eyes and the palate.

and spend time, and I still had not had time to do it again.

Yesterday was a good time today we would go to my grandmother, uncles and cousins, and they would have paired me if I dared to present without cake, so I had to put to work, trying to reproduce what I remembered. The pastries are my tools in China, and ingredients in the house were not many, so I opted for a tart, but it was tempting for them that they always want something new and unusual in the family, where the cakes that my aunt prepared, though delicious, are always the same. This tart seemed perfect, and I was right, because it was a huge success, far beyond my expectations. My cousin told me that the cake is by far the most delicious I've ever eaten, along with another chocolate I had done, and that I do not remember. I do not agree, I think I've done better, but I was really glad to hear such comments of course! Next time I want to use the aroma of orange juice instead, because I felt little.

P1040062

Have an eye for the pastry, to which I added a bit of yeast because, as Mary had done, was so hard that you had to sweat to cut it into slices all chopped. Turn off the oven even if it seems too soft ... Cool to harden.

You can replace with another kiwi fruit, strawberries, for example, would be very good. Peaches also believe, and in this case suggest adding the powdered amaretto shortbread dough, cream and flavored with peach juice instead of orange. Well ... you can indulge! Always good will!

0 comments:

Post a Comment