Friday, December 3, 2010

Viideos; Milena Velba

Empanadas

My Professor Bear as a young man he spent some time in Argentina, where he learned English and where he learned to appreciate some foods that do not know. Among these, the one that speaks most often are the empanadas, dumplings of dough type crust filled with meat and vegetables, or ham and queso.

few weeks ago I decided to surprise him, preparing them without saying anything. The dinner, which were also invited C. and G, was scheduled for Sunday. The night before I had already prepared the dough and the filling, I just had to train them and make a pumpkin pie for the test nostrae Thanksgiving. Avendogli not told what was cooking, the young gentleman made me walk 4 km on Sunday morning to enjoy the beautiful and warm day, while I enjoyed the yes, but without stop to calculate whether I would have been enough time to do everything.

was so stubborn that in the end I had to say what is the menu, otherwise it would make me go home.

For the empanadas I tried the recipe for those of Argentina, but there are millions, and did not know which to choose. Eventually I followed a stunt on Youtube for pasta, while the filling ... I relied on my imagination!

I must say that when preparing the stuffing was happy because the smell was great, but when he learned that he had not wanted a ham and cheese to go and buy both to make it a bit 'and a bit', saying they were his favorites.

home after a nap on my couch helped me to make empanadas, and I must admit that it was better than me. Eventually we made them all my stuffed with meat, canned cheese and ham for another time.

But we promise to the recipe.


Ingredients for the dough:

3 cups flour

1 / 4 tsp salt

170 g cold butter into small pieces

1 egg

4-5 tbsp water


Mix flour and salt, then add the butter and egg in small pieces.



sew with your fingertips to form a compound crumbs, then when most of the flour has been absorbed, begin adding water, a little 'to time, until he could make a ball, to be closed in plastic wrap and refrigerate for half an hour.



Shoot your ball, make balls of rework by hand individually, then flatten and roll out into thin circles.



You can fill them immediately, or refrigerate, tightly closed because the dough does not dry out until ready to use. If you want my advice, do them before eating, because I am on the day after I found them too hard and too unwieldy to be filled without breaking.


For the filling:

2 slices of chicken breast cut into small pieces

300 g minced beef 1 carrot

3 small potatoes

pepper 1 1 / 2 onion

2 cloves garlic, frozen peas

nut

paprika, salt, pepper

VOK

In a pan heat the oil type, then saute the chopped garlic, then add the chopped onion and let brown.

Add meat and brown on all sides, then add a small piece of nut, and blended with a dash of white wine.



Add the carrots into tiny pieces,



mignon potatoes into cubes and peas (I I boiled a bit 'first potatoes and peas),



finally pepper into small cubes, cook it all at moderate heat, cooked salt, pepper and paprika. Cool.



Take Your disks of dough (if you were in the fridge waiting to come back too malleable or break easily), fill them with stuffing and seal the crescent, sealing the edges well. Then do the edge, typical of empanadas ... Find a better video here.



I wanted to make one but my empanadas were really horrible, and they were his best but not sufficiently explanatory ... But the fault was the mix, which does not was not as elastic as it should and then easily returnees once filled.

Among other things while we were having difficulties to form the empanadas, then he started doing research and I found another recipe that looks very much better and gives a more elastic dough ... It will be the next attempt anyway! Stay connected!

Bake in preheated oven until golden brown. Serve hot.


But the gem, the want to know? As the meat filling was a bit 'dry (also, I suggest you do so at the moment), he had un'iluminazione: to remember the cheese sauce that I served with an omelet with broccoli, fantastic recipes found here and then rebuilt regularly - but I have not had time to post it) and asked me to redo it and serving with empanadas. I I was a bit 'skeptical, but my goal was to make him happy, so I oblige. Well guys ... I was right! The sauce was there by god, it was excellent and everything was brushed in less than two minutes!


For the sauce and parmesan:

4 teaspoons cornstarch

200 ml of milk

2 tablespoons Parmesan

nutmeg

salt


For the cream dissolve the cornstarch in cold milk, salt, add 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the cream thickens. Continue cooking for another 2 minutes, add the nutmeg (grated generous) and set aside (do not form a crust ... give her a Giratina occasionally).

Serve the empanadas with the sauce. Not only is the professor did not regret the absence of the empanadas with ham and queso, but he brushed it all and I had so many compliments. E 'was really sweet!



I am really like, and I had to admit that the sauce was needed. In the experiment you!



empanadas can be made in industrial quantities and be enjoyed as a main course in the company of friends and family, or Make it in moderate amounts for an appetizer or finger food. Will look great in any case!


0 comments:

Post a Comment